Thread Contributor: RaxiusAureus Promotion Policy
Legend: 
1 Season = 1 IRL Week
1 Atherian Year = 1 IRL Month

Aureus Promotion Policy
Proposed on the 290th Day of Timberfall, 417 ACE

Article I:
Section I:
This document has been created in order to set standard guidelines for how the procedure of promotion in the nation of Aureus should occur.
Section II:
This document sets the official prerequisites for the consideration of promotion.
Section III:
In order for a member of Aureus to be considered for a promotion, he or she must meet the set requirements provided in this policy. 
Section IV:
All official promotions must be done through an official vote of the council, with the exception of Citizen promotions. If a recruit meets the requirements for consideration to be promoted to citizen, then the council may hold an informal vote that does not require documentation nor the upholdment of a council meeting.

Section V:
This policy may be amended, reformed, or repealed by vote of the council.

Article II: Requirements for Citizen
Section I:
In order for a recruit to be considered for a promotion to citizen, he or she must be an active and productive member for at one season.

Article II: Requirements for Knight
Section I:
In order for a citizen to be considered for a promotion to Knight, he or she must be an active and productive member of Aureus for at least two seasons.

Article III: Requirements for Duke
Section I:
In order for a Knight to be considered for a promotion to Duke, he or she must be an active and productive member of Aureus for at least one Atherian Year.

Article IV: Requirements for Lord
Section I:
In order for a Duke to be considered for a promotion to Lord, he or she must be an active and productive member of Aureus for at least two Atherian Years.

Article V: Requirements for the Founder
Section I:
A Lord can only become a Founder if the current Founder resigns and chooses a Lord to take his/her
Place.
Section II:
If the Founder resigns, dies, and or is unable to continue his role but did not choose a Lord to take his/her place, then a public vote by the nation of Aureus, where citizens and up must vote on a Lord to become
the new Founder, must take place. The Lord with the highest amount of votes by the end of the voting period becomes the new Founder. The voting periods’ length is up to the council’s discretion.

Passed through an official vote of the council on the 456th Day of Timberfall, 417 ACE.