Thread Contributor: TheCMaxGuyCoordinates on map; Compass
I think it'd be pretty handy to have coordinates on the NPC towns to make them a little easier to find. Or maybe some way to view the map in game relative to your current position.

Also, I personally think reading the direction in the f3 screen is a little annoying, so I think it'd be cool to have some sort of compass UI since a bunch of quests say "the north side of the island," "west of the town square," etc. I've seen plugins use the ender dragon/wither health bar as a compass before, so it wouldn't be hard to add something like that.
(02-13-2018, 12:08 PM)TheCMaxGuy Wrote: I think it'd be pretty handy to have coordinates on the NPC towns to make them a little easier to find. Or maybe some way to view the map in game relative to your current position.

Also, I personally think reading the direction in the f3 screen is a little annoying, so I think it'd be cool to have some sort of compass UI since a bunch of quests say "the north side of the island," "west of the town square," etc. I've seen plugins use the ender dragon/wither health bar as a compass before, so it wouldn't be hard to add something like that.
Coordinates on the map is never going to be a thing because this was intentionally done to encourage exploration and make knowledge of fastest routes to NPC towns valuable.

If we were to create a compass like mechanic we would most likely put it on the Action Bar.

Thank you for your suggestions.
(02-13-2018, 12:08 PM)TheCMaxGuy Wrote: I think it'd be pretty handy to have coordinates on the NPC towns to make them a little easier to find. Or maybe some way to view the map in game relative to your current position.

Something we've actually talked about developing is a Cartography skill, where (similar to our other crafting mechanics) players can learn to craft different types of unique maps and compasses to help chart areas of the world easier. The compass mechanic you mentioned could be a cool addition to that mechanic, possibly being able to craft compasses with specific "home" locations the player can set.