Thread Contributor: IyoforeayoRP Event Transcript - Assault on Nauru
Assault on Nauru
19th day of Timberfall, 417 ACE
The numbers of the Cult of the Arkayo have grown to such a level that they are able to launch a beachhead assault on the island of Nauru. Dozens of cultists, led by Lord Xalar, descend upon the town from the north. Having seen the Obelisk with his own eyes decades ago, Lord Xalar is trying to kidnap the Elders of Nauru and force them to reveal the location of the Obelisk.

The Elders decide that the only way to repel the assault and prevent it from happening again, is to use the same magic that the Valderkal use to mask Old Auru and Valderkal City from sight. The Prophet Ajaxan, Archmage Rholla, and High Templar Vargoth of the Valderkal, gather in the Hall of Elders to cast the spell, while Iyo, Tee, Tyr, and our heroic players fight off the assaulting cultists north of town.

Lord Xalar
Brothers! At long last, our numbers have returned! All across Atlas, sympathizers to our cause search for the chosen ones whose souls shall bring about our Lord’s return - and it is finally at hand! Soon, this world will bathe in the fires of Chaos!

Today, we launch the first of many campaigns to come! These Naurulians - outsiders and heathens, all - brought a powerful artifact to our world many years ago. I saw it with my own eyes! The Obelisk’s power cannot be denied. But that power is not meant to be wielded by those who do not understand its true capabilities… its true purpose.

For years, we have searched this world for the Obelisk, to no avail. But the Lord Arkayos came to me in a dream, brothers! I swear it! He spoke to me His will - that the Obelisk was meant for US! OUR people! And that we were meant to obtain its location from these Naurulians… by ANY MEANS POSSIBLE!

BROTHERS! Arm yourselves, for today we take this city! Cut down the citizens of Nauru in the streets! Force their Elders out of the holes they cower in, and bring them to me ALIVE! FOR ARKAYOS!

Elder Iyoforeayo
Friends! Allies! The city of Nauru is under attack! Aid in our defense, and you will be handsomely rewarded!

Elder Tyrriel
The Arkayo have landed on Nauru Island! Their soldiers march from the north - we need reinforcements!

Elder Tee
Allies of Nauru! If you wish to aid in our defense, reach out! We will give you swift passage to our city!

Prophet Ajaxan
Friends - the Arkayo forces descend upon us from the north side of the island.

Elder Tyrriel
Their numbers… how on Atlas are there so MANY of them!?

Elder Tee
And how is it that our navy didn’t see their ships rounding the island?

Elder Iyoforeayo
...because there WERE no ships… were there?

Prophet Ajaxan
No.

Elder Iyoforeayo
Xalar is with them. They warped here with a Soul Gem…

Elder Tyrriel
Then there’s no telling how long they’ve been hiding on the island!

Elder Tee
Or how many reinforcements they have at their disposal…

Prophet Ajaxan
I have called upon High Templar Vargoth and Archmage Rholla. It is time that we mask Nauru Island with the same enchantments that protect Old Auru. We must hide this island from unwanted eyes.

Elder Iyoforeayo
And how long will the spell take?

Prophet Ajaxan
There’s no telling for certain. A few minutes? An hour? The less we are disturbed during the empowerment process, the faster and stronger it will be.

Elder Tee
What if I helped? Would that speed up the process?

Prophet Ajaxan
It may, but your skills will be better used on the field of battle. The same goes for all of YOU, heroes! It is imperative that you defend this city from the Arkayo threat during the spellcasting process!

Elder Tyrriel
They advance upon the city! They’ve constructed forward outposts just up the hill!

Elder Iyoforeayo
Then they shall get no further! FRIENDS! Today, we fight for this city! For its people! For ATLAS! Take to the field of battle and defend our Prophet! Repel these attackers!

Elder Iyoforeayo
Defenders of Nauru! I have located the Arkayo’s main War Camp! Their base of operations is on the beach at the north side of the island. Quickly - assault it! Destroy them once and for all!

Lord Xalar
Brothers! Push forward! The Obelisk will be OURS!

Elder Tyrriel
Their War Camp has been destroyed!

Lord Xalar
FALL BACK! These heathens overwhelm us! Fall back through the portal, brothers - today shall not be the day we seize the Obelisk! But make no mistake - WE SHALL RETURN! CHAOS TAKE US ALL!

Elder Tee
The Arkayo forces are retreating!

Elder Iyoforeayo
Fall back to the city! We are victorious!

Prophet Ajaxan
The spell is complete! Nauru is protected from the forces of the Arkayo, and our people are safe! Heroes - we owe you our lives! Return to the Hall of Elders, so that we may honor you for your bravery!

Prophet Ajaxan
We have stopped this threat today, thanks to the bravery of Nauru’s allies. But it is clear that Atlas grows more dangerous by the day - and that true peace may be farther off than we had hoped. It is imperative that you all defend your Nations from threats inside AND out.

Prophet Ajaxan
Across Atlas, you will find Siege Engineers that will sell structures with which to protect your towns. Defend yourselves well, heroes - for there is no telling when this evil will rise again… or from where...