Forums
List of Suggestions (pt. 5) - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.mc-atlas.com)
+-- Forum: Atlas Forum (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: List of Suggestions (pt. 5) (/showthread.php?tid=988)

List of Suggestions (pt. 5) - Kypen - 08-06-2019

A lovely list of dumb suggestions (Some are actually good). The list is in no particular order. Feedback always welcome :))

QoL Suggestions:
  • Enable setting to set respawn points in NPC towns or removing a player town respawn point.
  • Shops concept - (heard it's done? and have no idea how it'd work but here's my take form a while back) Plots are available in NPC towns. You can buy "land deeds" for each plot, and each deed is unique, meaning there is one deed to every plot. Could possibly be a limited-time quest reward. Shopkeepers can be hired to maintain the shop in your steed.
  • Some sort of "build mode" for towns. Roofs will be the end of me.
  • Training dummies that you can buy and place. Allows you to test your DPS. Perfect for solo nations or testing new weapons.
  • Beds speed up time. Some sort of vote system that lets people who want it to be day/night to be day/night. Would need some balancing probably.
  • Sponges having a "cube" drain mode.
Skill-Related Suggestions:
  • Innate enchantments - In some games, there is the concept of "potential" for armor pieces. If the gear is appraised, the armor gets a small little buff. The appraisal skill can be learned and leveled up, but NPC appraisers are also an option. Alternatively, various smeltery/tannery armor comes with enchantments imbued naturally.
  • Smeltery minecarts - minecarts made of smeltery metals. I don't know what you'd use this for, but hey.
  • Firework crafting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1MwlHHLK0&feature=share
  • Telekinesis spell - Gravity gun mechanics, but it's a spell. Wield flying melee weapons, and fire back shot arrows.
  • "Roll" or "Flash" mechanic. Short distance maybe. Also buff spells to be easier to hit. Would make combat look very nice from a 3rd person perspective.
  • Bug rearing. Maybe scarab charms (?) and for poison. Undisclosed abilities/stats for the charms that you have to figure out.
  • Florist skill - Lets you create flower arrangements. These could serve as gifts and possibly work together with beekeeping skills? It let's you create a custom stack of various flowers.
  • "Unequipped" casting. Cast magic barehanded - small spells only.
  • New Set "enchantment" - armor that you frequently wear together and use has a chance to develop into becoming a personal "set armor." For example, if I have swifthide boots and helmet, but titanium chestplate and leggings, eventually (if they don't break), they become "Kypen's (x)." The set effect boosts one special stat that the armor provides, but if you don't have the full custom set on, you lose all bonuses. Maybe same type of material armor has a lower chance (or none at all) of gaining the "set" buff.
  • Spell proficiency or wand proficiency. Maybe lowers cooldowns?
"Fun" Suggestions:
  • Atlas, but it's turn-based combat.
  • Skateboards and scooters.
  • One thing that's always bothered me is that Atlas has no proper form of a sport. Sure, we have tournaments and duels, but there's no recreational one in the modern sense.
  • Portable builds - think the mechanic of structure blocks but in survival. NBT+ blocks that are in the build cannot be stored. Acts similarly to war camps and guard towers except it's a custom build.
  • Water Resistance potions - for chucking it on blazes and endermen.
  • Nation Hall lets you set a "theme song" for your nation. It plays when players interact with your nation's table.
  • Monster Index - it's a Pokédex, but for Atlas custom mobs. Let's you know if you should stay away from certain mobs.
  • Multi-body Mobs - Multiple different hitboxes on a mob (probably on a world boss or something), lets you armor break or disable parts of its body to create a weak point. Think Dauntless/Monster Hunter.
  • Rainbow armor - leather armor that cycles through all the RGB colors.
  • Armor equip timers - You can't switch/equip armors instantly. Instead, there's a slight cooldown to put each piece on.
  • Chickens fight back.

RE: List of Suggestions (pt. 5) - Tyrriel - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 06:05 PM)Kypen Wrote: A lovely list of dumb suggestions (Some are actually good). The list is in no particular order. Feedback always welcome :))

QoL Suggestions:
  • Enable setting to set respawn points in NPC towns or removing a player town respawn point.
  • Shops concept - (heard it's done? and have no idea how it'd work but here's my take form a while back) Plots are available in NPC towns. You can buy "land deeds" for each plot, and each deed is unique, meaning there is one deed to every plot. Could possibly be a limited-time quest reward. Shopkeepers can be hired to maintain the shop in your steed.
  • Some sort of "build mode" for towns. Roofs will be the end of me.
  • Training dummies that you can buy and place. Allows you to test your DPS. Perfect for solo nations or testing new weapons.
  • Beds speed up time. Some sort of vote system that lets people who want it to be day/night to be day/night. Would need some balancing probably.
  • Sponges having a "cube" drain mode.
Skill-Related Suggestions:
  • Innate enchantments - In some games, there is the concept of "potential" for armor pieces. If the gear is appraised, the armor gets a small little buff. The appraisal skill can be learned and leveled up, but NPC appraisers are also an option. Alternatively, various smeltery/tannery armor comes with enchantments imbued naturally.
  • Smeltery minecarts - minecarts made of smeltery metals. I don't know what you'd use this for, but hey.
  • Firework crafting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1MwlHHLK0&feature=share
  • Telekinesis spell - Gravity gun mechanics, but it's a spell. Wield flying melee weapons, and fire back shot arrows.
  • "Roll" or "Flash" mechanic. Short distance maybe. Also buff spells to be easier to hit. Would make combat look very nice from a 3rd person perspective.
  • Bug rearing. Maybe scarab charms (?) and for poison. Undisclosed abilities/stats for the charms that you have to figure out.
  • Florist skill - Lets you create flower arrangements. These could serve as gifts and possibly work together with beekeeping skills? It let's you create a custom stack of various flowers.
  • "Unequipped" casting. Cast magic barehanded - small spells only.
  • New Set "enchantment" - armor that you frequently wear together and use has a chance to develop into becoming a personal "set armor." For example, if I have swifthide boots and helmet, but titanium chestplate and leggings, eventually (if they don't break), they become "Kypen's (x)." The set effect boosts one special stat that the armor provides, but if you don't have the full custom set on, you lose all bonuses. Maybe same type of material armor has a lower chance (or none at all) of gaining the "set" buff.
  • Spell proficiency or wand proficiency. Maybe lowers cooldowns?
"Fun" Suggestions:
  • Atlas, but it's turn-based combat.
  • Skateboards and scooters.
  • One thing that's always bothered me is that Atlas has no proper form of a sport. Sure, we have tournaments and duels, but there's no recreational one in the modern sense.
  • Portable builds - think the mechanic of structure blocks but in survival. NBT+ blocks that are in the build cannot be stored. Acts similarly to war camps and guard towers except it's a custom build.
  • Water Resistance potions - for chucking it on blazes and endermen.
  • Nation Hall lets you set a "theme song" for your nation. It plays when players interact with your nation's table.
  • Monster Index - it's a Pokédex, but for Atlas custom mobs. Let's you know if you should stay away from certain mobs.
  • Multi-body Mobs - Multiple different hitboxes on a mob (probably on a world boss or something), lets you armor break or disable parts of its body to create a weak point. Think Dauntless/Monster Hunter.
  • Rainbow armor - leather armor that cycles through all the RGB colors.
  • Armor equip timers - You can't switch/equip armors instantly. Instead, there's a slight cooldown to put each piece on.
  • Chickens fight back.

There is a major player economy update coming soon that should address the shops suggestion. As for the skill related suggestions, most of those are Magic related. A new magic system is coming and was talked about a bit in a SOTS (two SOTS' ago if I'm not mistaken). There should be demonstration of how the magic system works in the video (should be on YouTube).