Forums
Nation Tags - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.mc-atlas.com)
+-- Forum: Atlas Forum (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Nation Tags (/showthread.php?tid=371)

Nation Tags - Whisperer195 - 06-07-2018

In faction servers of old, the faction tag was listed before your username when you typed in chat as an identifier. I believe adding a nation tag would reduce confusion, because it's hard for me to tell who is in what nation.  So either before or after the type of chat you're in shows, (global, local) your nations name would be displayed. It could even be a small abbreviation of the nations name and is only needed in global chat, but I think local would benefit as well. Also, I am aware it shows who is in and not in a nation in the tab menu, but the specific nation, names would be more clear. This helps new players the most, as they can see everyone's nation names and get a general idea of what each one is about.  In general, this change would help everyone and be more thematic, as when you type in chat you represent your nation and this should show. If this is easy to tell with a command I don't know about, please tell me. Thank you.

RE: Nation Tags - ChessLlama - 06-07-2018

Hover over someone's name or message in chat to see nation and server rank

RE: Nation Tags - Tyrriel - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 12:46 PM)Whisperer195 Wrote: In faction servers of old, the faction tag was listed before your username when you typed in chat as an identifier. I believe adding a nation tag would reduce confusion, because it's hard for me to tell who is in what nation.  So either before or after the type of chat you're in shows, (global, local) your nations name would be displayed. It could even be a small abbreviation of the nations name and is only needed in global chat, but I think local would benefit as well. Also, I am aware it shows who is in and not in a nation in the tab menu, but the specific nation, names would be more clear. This helps new players the most, as they can see everyone's nation names and get a general idea of what each one is about.  In general, this change would help everyone and be more thematic, as when you type in chat you represent your nation and this should show. If this is easy to tell with a command I don't know about, please tell me. Thank you.

You can hover over the person's name and it tells you what nation they are in... Also /find is a thing

RE: Nation Tags - Whisperer195 - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 12:48 PM)Tyrriel Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 12:46 PM)Whisperer195 Wrote: In faction servers of old, the faction tag was listed before your username when you typed in chat as an identifier. I believe adding a nation tag would reduce confusion, because it's hard for me to tell who is in what nation.  So either before or after the type of chat you're in shows, (global, local) your nations name would be displayed. It could even be a small abbreviation of the nations name and is only needed in global chat, but I think local would benefit as well. Also, I am aware it shows who is in and not in a nation in the tab menu, but the specific nation, names would be more clear. This helps new players the most, as they can see everyone's nation names and get a general idea of what each one is about.  In general, this change would help everyone and be more thematic, as when you type in chat you represent your nation and this should show. If this is easy to tell with a command I don't know about, please tell me. Thank you.

You can hover over the person's name and it tells you what nation they are in... Also /find is a thing

This brings up a problem I will go into detail later, but to make it simple, this server has many amazing features that new players would never be able to figure out themselves and should not be expected to. So even though the feature is there, to them, it's non-existent until they are told.

RE: Nation Tags - GamerBros1234 - 06-27-2018

I love this idea