Forums
Insula is Opening Recruitment! - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.mc-atlas.com)
+-- Forum: Atlas Forum (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Nation Politics (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Insula is Opening Recruitment! (/showthread.php?tid=1354)

Insula is Opening Recruitment! - KillerPike - 11-16-2021

Hello everybody, it’s Pike, and I’m here to remind you my nation exists. You might remember us as the weird group of people who lived on a gigantic hill. You may also remember us due to our goddess. You may not know who we are at all, but that’s alright, because I’m here to tell you who we are and what we’re doing.

Put into a single word, we’re Insula. We’ve always been sort of a ragtag group who have a good time and get stuff done at our own pace. Maybe we’re not the best, but we’re not the worst. We had our struggles and our successes. It’s hard to sum up what we have been, but that’s not really why I’m here anyway. I’m here to tell you what we want to be, and why we want you to be a part of it.

Ultimately, we want to take a much more serious approach to Atlas after the dev period. We want to have fun, for sure, but we’re not here to mess around this time. We have plans, a lot of plans, and we want to see them completed. 

We want to have some great builds. We’ve already designed most of our capital city, and we move closer to finishing it everyday. Soon we’ll be starting on designs for our second and third towns. Last map, we made the mistake of taking on way too large of a project without a good plan, and this isn’t something we’re going to do again. We have very clear building projects and goals, which we are very excited to execute when we get the opportunity.

We want to work on projects, host events, and collaborate with other groups. This is something we did before, but we want to take it to a new level. We have long and short term goals, tons of ideas for fun projects, games, events, and more. Obviously, it will be a while before we can accomplish some of these ideas, but it’s something to look forward to and work toward. Collaborating with other groups on large projects, or even small ones, was something we really enjoyed last map, and we hope to work with other groups this time too.

We want to do a lot with lore. I personally have several lore storylines planned, and more with the nation. Lore is something I’ve never done as much as I want to, and I think a lot of our members feel the same. We’ve got the outline of a story for ourselves, and I think it’ll be really fun to build off that. 

We want to work to better the server. Of course we do this by playing and being active, but we want to go further. I’ve seen nations put in place community retention programs to great effect, and this is something we’d like to do. Atlas is most fun with other people, and we want to do our part in keeping that community around and enjoying the server.

I guess it’s really easy to see what I’m doing as “overselling” us, and maybe I am, but the point of what I want to say is we’re excited. We’re ready for Atlas. We want to give it a really good go this time, and we want to give everybody an opportunity to join us. We know we have a reputation as a “meme” group, and we have sort of an odd history in a lot of other ways too, but we’re coming into Atlas completely differently this time. 

We want to play with new people, too. We’ve retained a lot of our old group, and we’ve already added some great new members. The people you play with really makes or breaks the experience, and while it’s great to play with other groups, we want to have some more great nation members too. I don’t say this to beg and plead, I say it because I know a lot of the community still don’t have concrete plans, and most of you guys are great people I’d love to have as nation members. We’re really open to new recruits, or even potentially merging with other groups if our visions align. I can’t promise you’ll like it here, but I can say the chances are good. If you have any questions, hit me up on Discord, I’d be glad to chat with you about our group.

I guess to sum up, I just wanna say that we’re super excited for Atlas again, we have a lot to do. Even if you aren’t playing with us, I look forward to seeing you there, and hope you all enjoy Atlas as much as I know we will.