Thread Contributor: marsgloriousVulgar Sieges Tutorial
SIEGES
If you wanna really bust up people's shit, declare a siege. Ruin their day.

During sieges, all the usual pussy-arse block protections are fucked off and towns are left naked to be ransacked.

You can go full retard in people’s base; start fires, detonate unholy quantities of TNT, and commit unspeakable atrocities against the lifestock.
If the defenders don't get Vietnam flashbacks, you didn't do it right. Remember, you are never too young to have a Vietnam flashback.

Starting siege requires a special guardtower on steroids called a warcamp. To make 'em, you gotta buy these warcamp block things from various shops and what not. By sheer coincidence, they look exactly like a mobspawner but make no mistake, placing one of these bad boys will magically build a warcamp with a mobspawner in it. You'll be shitting bricks.

Right clicking that spawner opens a crappy control panel that allows you to declare a siege to any losers unlucky enough to have a town in the neighborhood.

When you clicked the target town, some green bar appears in the top of your screen and the losers’ sad excuse for town gets all its shit-ugly buildings saved so they can restore it later.
This way you can go apeshit on all fours without the local residents, whose town just got wrecked, having a giant sook and rage quitting the server.

Now don't blow your o-ring just yet, health and safety required us to put in a "Prelude Period". It's basically a grace period that allows the defenders to sort out their lives before you trash the place with your borderline illegal super cannon. You can tell it's "Prelude" because that bar up the top is green and 'cause it says “Prelude” on it, Einstein. It'll usually take like 10mins before it goes red. When it does, you know it's time to activate beastmode on their defenders and become the Hurricane Harvey to their Houston.

Now remember, you can only die a certain number of times before your warcamp blows up and defenders laugh at your lame-arse attempt at a siege, so keep dying to a minimum.
Doubtless the cowardly defenders will have guardtowers all over the place, so there will be a metric fuckton of guards to contend with. There are also these shitter Iron Golems that make a repeating bangy noise called Sentinels. They keep nearby chests locked so you're gonna have to kill them before going Viking to the max. Think Die Hard and you'll know what to do. As always, the guardtowers blow up when the too many guards die and then you can get to the goodies in their chests.

In order to prevent defenders having a nervous breakdown, the health and safety department put in another protective measure. There is a limit on how many items you can take of each given type, usually something like 10%+ of the town’s total stuff. When you hit this limit, an invisible camel will spit on you and the some flames will prevent you taking any more. I’d recommend going full Italian at this stage and bailing from the town. In my experience, the defenders tend to be really mad for some reason at this point. By the way, this is a called the “looting threshold”.

Now remember, if you log out in the area, an extremely anorexic (skeleton) version of yourself will remain with your stuff on it. If somebody else kills it, it drops your stuff and you log in dead. Not nice, so be warned.
Also remember that the pathetic excuse for defenders can pussy out and surrender at any time. They basically pay you a buttload of $$$ and you get hightail teleported on out of there.
If you try to come back, there’s an “exclusion zone” that prevents you being able to do anything cool so I’d not bother.
You obviously can’t attack them for a while after that, it’s called a “cooldown”. If I catch anyone trying to muck around with this, I’ll have a horde of Emus will peck you alive in your dreams.

To Recap:
1. Buy warcamp from Siege Engineer.
2. Place warcamp on clear ground near the town you'd like to siege and bust up.
3. Right click spawner inside the warcamp to get a menu.
4. Hit that target town thing and click the town you'd like to hit.
5. Wait for the Green bar at the top to go red. Usually takes ~10mins.
6. Kill players, kill guards, burn stuff and blow stuff up in the town.
7. Kill Sentinel golems, if there are any, and start looting chests.
8. There is no victory condition. Once you are satisfied, pull your troops out.

Now remember this a super happy upbeat server where nobody ever gets salty and everyone is super nice 24/7, except for Nokkers but he doesn’t count. Have fun causing grievous bodily harm, I’m off to go dodge responsibilities and procrastinate fixing bugs. Amen.
It is said that the ancient Indian mathematician and astronomer, Brahmagupta, invented the number 0 so that I could measure how many fucks I give.
(04-17-2018, 09:27 AM)marsglorious Wrote: SIEGES
If you wanna really bust up people's shit, declare a siege. Ruin their day.

During sieges, all the usual pussy-arse block protections are fucked off and towns are left naked to be ransacked.

You can go full retard in people’s base; start fires, detonate unholy quantities of TNT, and commit unspeakable atrocities against the lifestock.
If the defenders don't get Vietnam flashbacks, you didn't do it right. Remember, you are never too young to have a Vietnam flashback.

Starting siege requires a special guardtower on steroids called a warcamp. To make 'em, you gotta buy these warcamp block things from various shops and what not. By sheer coincidence, they look exactly like a mobspawner but make no mistake, placing one of these bad boys will magically build a warcamp with a mobspawner in it. You'll be shitting bricks.

Right clicking that spawner opens a crappy control panel that allows you to declare a siege to any losers unlucky enough to have a town in the neighborhood.

When you clicked the target town, some green bar appears in the top of your screen and the losers’ sad excuse for town gets all its shit-ugly buildings saved so they can restore it later.
This way you can go apeshit on all fours without the local residents, whose town just got wrecked, having a giant sook and rage quitting the server.

Now don't blow your o-ring just yet, health and safety required us to put in a "Prelude Period". It's basically a grace period that allows the defenders to sort out their lives before you trash the place with your borderline illegal super cannon. You can tell it's "Prelude" because that bar up the top is green and 'cause it says “Prelude” on it, Einstein. It'll usually take like 10mins before it goes red. When it does, you know it's time to activate beastmode on their defenders and become the Hurricane Harvey to their Houston.

Now remember, you can only die a certain number of times before your warcamp blows up and defenders laugh at your lame-arse attempt at a siege, so keep dying to a minimum.
Doubtless the cowardly defenders will have guardtowers all over the place, so there will be a metric fuckton of guards to contend with. There are also these shitter Iron Golems that make a repeating bangy noise called Sentinels. They keep nearby chests locked so you're gonna have to kill them before going Viking to the max. Think Die Hard and you'll know what to do. As always, the guardtowers blow up when the too many guards die and then you can get to the goodies in their chests.

In order to prevent defenders having a nervous breakdown, the health and safety department put in another protective measure. There is a limit on how many items you can take of each given type, usually something like 10%+ of the town’s total stuff. When you hit this limit, an invisible camel will spit on you and the some flames will prevent you taking any more. I’d recommend going full Italian at this stage and bailing from the town. In my experience, the defenders tend to be really mad for some reason at this point. By the way, this is a called the “looting threshold”.

Now remember, if you log out in the area, an extremely anorexic (skeleton) version of yourself will remain with your stuff on it. If somebody else kills it, it drops your stuff and you log in dead. Not nice, so be warned.
Also remember that the pathetic excuse for defenders can pussy out and surrender at any time. They basically pay you a buttload of $$$ and you get hightail teleported on out of there.
If you try to come back, there’s an “exclusion zone” that prevents you being able to do anything cool so I’d not bother.
You obviously can’t attack them for a while after that, it’s called a “cooldown”. If I catch anyone trying to muck around with this, I’ll have a horde of Emus will peck you alive in your dreams.

To Recap:
1. Buy warcamp from Siege Engineer.
2. Place warcamp on clear ground near the town you'd like to siege and bust up.
3. Right click spawner inside the warcamp to get a menu.
4. Hit that target and click the town you'd like to hit.
5. Wait for the Green bar at the top to go red. Usually takes ~10mins.
6. Kill players, kill guards, burn stuff and blow stuff up in the town.
7. Kill Sentinel golems, if there are any, and start looting chests.
8. There is no victory condition. Once you are satisfied, pull your troops out.

Now remember this a super happy upbeat server where nobody ever gets salty and everyone is super nice 24/7, except for Nokkers but he doesn’t count. Have fun causing grievous bodily harm, I’m off to go dodge responsibilities and procrastinate fixing bugs. Amen.

This has made me somehow want to siege myself because of how godly it is, this is by far my most favourite thread on our forums.
This is beautiful. Oh and helpful.