Thread Contributor: VehlirCouple of ideas for S.O.T.S!
So in anticipation of the State of the Server tomorrow, with staff encouraging ideas & suggestions I figured I'd put together something about a couple of ideas I've thought about from time to time.

Custom Trees

Create custom saplings which allow you to grow tree's as found in the Atlas overworld. Atm it's very difficult to capture the look and feel of Atlas' beautiful trees. Whether replacing ones you've cut down, or just wishing to expand forest lines or making nice outdoor areas, planted trees stick out like a sore thumb. This would allow you to make saplings that would produce trees, using the very same models used in the original design of Atlas! First you would have to make a Custom Sapling using a custom recipe.

Recipes could be something relating to the specific biomes such as Lillipads for the Ancient Glade, Snow Balls for the Ice Forest etc. An example of how the recipes could work:

Wraithwood Dark Oak Sapling - 4 Spider Eys, 1 Dark Oak Sapling.

[Image: rHn2n2H.png]

Ancient Glade Oak Sapling - 4 Lillipads, 1 Oak Sapling

[Image: 3jkrDiC.png]

The Grey Isles Mushroom Sapling - 4 Red or Brown Mushrooms, Any Sapling

[Image: IewXtCp.png]
[Image: C7HnkpK.png]

Of course the Recipes could be made more costly to make if the staff team feels they should be harder/more expensive to acquire.
Naturally, custom saplings can only be grown in their respective region. Would allow for nations to terraform and replace trees without them looking terribly out of place.

Cooking Skill

A new custom skill allowing players to create custom meals, from a variety of ingredients! These new meals alongside filling hunger/saturation bars, can also give a small buff effect depending upon the meal. It pays to have a good chef and be well fed!

It would introduce two new custom crafting stations:

The Oven. Which would be a Furnace with an Iron Pressure Plate on top of it. (Thinking burners on top of an oven).

Kitchen Counter. Which would be a Crafting Table with a Wooden Pressure Plate on it. (Thinking like a cutting board on a kitchen counter)

[Image: 0KryHvW.png]

Players would be able to combine various ingredients in the Kitchen Counter to make an "Uncooked" version of a custom meal. For example let's say combining Raw Chicken + Bread + Carrots could produce a "Uncooked Carrot Topped Chicken & Biscuits".

[Image: ckKp0NF.png]

You would then put this Uncooked meal into the Oven for a set amount of time, of which each reciple would vary. Put it in the Oven for too long and it will produce a "Burnt" version of the meal. Not enough time and you'd get an "Undercooked" version of the meal.

"Burnt" foods could be eaten but would give no progress to the food bar, and "Undercooked" foods could give Poison or Nausea effects. Both relatively useless except for determining the correct time required for cooking much like Brittle/Ruined Ingots.

Via the Kitchen Counter players could also mix and match different plants/flowers to make custom spices.

[Image: fZTsTsY.png]

These spices could then be applied as ingredients of their own, required by certain meals, specifically the more elaborate ones! For example here's one for say a stew that could require a spice (Where the Grass Image in this instance represents custom made spice).

[Image: zuyIswX.png]

As like the other crafting skills in Atlas, recipes and knowledge would need to be discovered by it's players. Recipes can vary, being as simple as a couple ingredients, to elaborate dishes requiring many ingredients & spices! Staff could make recipes as elaborate and detailed as they like, coming up with all sorts of cool dishes and combos!

A cool opportunity to also reflect some of Atlas' cultures into these dishes as well! What would Port Qi'Shen serve? What do they eat down there in the Vantis Desert? These things can easily tie in to the lore!

Feel free to discuss & point out any concerns or further suggestions to improve these ideas!
I love this! Good to see members of the community contributing to the future of the server. That tree idea is something I personally didn't think of, and I find really really cool! Definitely a +1 from me on that, as for the cooking, it's already something that's been discussed, but your suggestion adds a way for us to go about it. Funny enough, I personally brought up a spices idea to the admins last week :P It's cool to see that players are thinking along the same lines as me. Once again, thank you for your suggestions! Much appreciated.
(04-13-2018, 08:55 PM)Asymphir Wrote: I love this! Good to see members of the community contributing to the future of the server. That tree idea is something I personally didn't think of, and I find really really cool! Definitely a +1 from me on that, as for the cooking, it's already something that's been discussed, but your suggestion adds a way for us to go about it. Funny enough, I personally brought up a spices idea to the admins last week :P It's cool to see that players are thinking along the same lines as me. Once again, thank you for your suggestions! Much appreciated.

Thanks, glad you liked! And yeah I know you guys got quite a few ideas in the works that sound really cool on the horizon. Exciting time on Atlas for sure!

It's been a long time, but this server has definitely recaptured that "Home" feel of a MC server for me again. This server already has soo many cool facets and unique ideas, I really think it has the potential to be special. Excited to be apart of watching it all come together!

See you tomorrow at the S.O.T.S!