Poll: Do you like/will it work?
yes
no
maybe so
[Show Results]

Thread Contributor: Flavone“at War” and “Allied” status
Wondering if it would be possible to add two more “relationships” to the /nation align command.  These two could require special permissions (so lower ranked people could set to unfriendly/friendly, while higher ranks could declare allies).  The main gist of these two is that they would require someone in the other nation, with the permissions to set ally/enemy, to either approve or deny the request of the initial nation.  (It could be a little like the accept/decline options for the arena.)  Additionally, maybe a message to all members of each nation notifying them of the change (and maybe other allied nations would hear as well).  Ally would be completely mutual, wars could be one or two sided (with the denier losing the ability to initially siege).  Sieges could be declarable only if a nation is at war with another.  I’d love any additions/suggestions, i just want a way to prevent random unannounced sieges.  (Better defined relationships between nations also shouldn’t hurt (hopefully).  let me know what y’all think/any suggestions. Thanks for reading the long post!
I feel like this is already solved with individual alliances and such. Though, if you propose that individual citizens set individual players as unfriendly, this can simply be solved as the player not associating with that player. Also, it shouldn't be needed that nations need to approve or deny alliances or enemies when things can change on a dime. This would also cause problems in either nation not wanting to comply with accepting or denying. About sending a message to every member of that nation, I feel like that is just unneeded when players in the same nation use discord, nation chat, or just see the TAB bars change colors.
(03-18-2018, 12:33 PM)EpikNyan Wrote: I feel like this is already solved with individual alliances and such. Though, if you propose that individual citizens set individual players as unfriendly, this can simply be solved as the player not associating with that player. Also, it shouldn't be needed that nations need to approve or deny alliances or enemies when things can change on a dime. This would also cause problems in either nation not wanting to comply with accepting or denying. About sending a message to every member of that nation, I feel like that is just unneeded when players in the same nation use discord, nation chat, or just see the TAB bars change colors.

fair enough :)
This could be considered a roleplay element, now that I think about it. You could make the allied and @war status simply be publicly known statuses (so anybody looking up a nation's info would see their allies/enemies, while more subtle relationships such as friendly/unfriendly would only be known by the nation members) Sure you could hunt in the lore forums for the exact terms of each alliance, but it would be easier to have a place to find all of a nations official standings. This would work without requiring acceptance on either side because it would be another /nation align option. It might even work better if you had a separate command for it (/ally or /war or something), and had /ally chat to talk with the allies without needing to all be in one place or set up a special chat channel. The chat idea might not work though, because people have discord and the channel create thing. Eh, by no way would this be incredibly important, just nice to have hopefully. let me know what you think :)