Thread Contributor: burriA vassalisation system
A vassalisation  system

I believe there should be a vassalisation system. What I mean by this is, a way for a nation to expand their influence through siege and war, by having nations 'owned' by other nations. This is called a vassal. The victor nation in a conflict should be able to send demands to the loser, giving money, ceding towns or, vassalisation to the victor.

The vassal state would then automatically send taxes to the overlord nation and have the same alignment to other nations as the overlord nation (neutral, friendly, hostile).

Obviously, vassal states become rebellious. Depending on how long they have been a vassal, how high the taxes are and their relative power to the overlord nation, a vassal nation have a modifier that if reaches a certain point, allows them to rebel against the overlord.

Also, add a gate system :)
I find this very interesting and I like it! The admins won't like it though; because the more rich and powerful nations would be the only ones able to use and therefore get more rich, it even if that makes complete sense. Otherwise, I guess it will have to stay as a thing in lore.
(03-16-2018, 08:49 AM)EpikNyan Wrote: I find this very interesting and I like it! The admins won't like it though; because the more rich and powerful nations would be the only ones able to use and therefore get more rich, it even if that makes complete sense. Otherwise, I guess it will have to stay as a thing in lore.

Forcing people to vassal? yeah that's abuseable.
I wonder what this big red button does?
Ironically  way back when I proposed a similar system. We came to the conclusion that if they were a subject under another nation then they were in the same nation and thus it was nation betrayal any way you sliced it.