Thread Contributor: MerfridAdding NPCs and Siege Engines
I'd like to mention some great ideas I have for Atlas. They are sort of a long shot but they would be great additions to Atlas in the future.
Adding NPCs to Athera
While exploring Athera I am amazed at the terrain that I venture across but one thing that is a big turn off are vanilla mobs spawning at night. I came up with the idea that NPCs hostile/friendly that are native to whatever biome they reside in should spawn oftenly to make Atlas more interesting to explore. For example: When the Romans ventured through uncharted territory and were constantly attacked by natives in lands they explored. Atlas should have something like that to make expansion for nations more interesting and engaging. Another example: A nation that resides in the Iron foothills wants to expand but as they gain more land hill men swarm them giving the nation a choice to abandon their new lands or fight back and keep their newly acquired lands.
Siege Engines
Another thing I would like to suggestion are siege engines which I am sure a lot of players would like in addition to Atlas. Instead of using current vanilla and server mechanics a plugin may be developed/downloaded which adds working catapults, trebutchets, siege towers, ladders, battering rams, etc. This would make sieges a lot more exciting and interesting.

Sincerely, Merfrid.
If you mean having random, npc led town sieges, that would be really cool. It could give people who aren't currently at war things to do.
(03-07-2018, 06:02 PM)_Desertdweller_ Wrote: If you mean having random, npc led town sieges, that would be really cool. It could give people who aren't currently at war things to do.

I also meant something like NPC guerilla warfare, ambushes, raids, invasions etc.
(03-07-2018, 06:07 PM)Merfrid Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 06:02 PM)_Desertdweller_ Wrote: If you mean having random, npc led town sieges, that would be really cool. It could give people who aren't currently at war things to do.

I also meant something like NPC guerilla warfare, ambushes, raids, invasions etc.

I'm not promising anything, but I would like you to stay tuned for future Quest updates. ;)