Thread Contributor: MerfridRent-able Buildings
As all of you know there are several homes spread out across Athera that currently belong to NPC towns. Players have to go out and fend for themselves in the wilderness if they want to build their own place to stay. Athera is a big place and players in my opinion deserve a place to stay meanwhile they get on their feet. I feel as that the developers of Atlas should setup a system where players can rent out homes in NPC towns but if they don't pay after a certain amount of time they are kicked out. It's a great way to help players stay somewhere while they complete quests in their local area while not having to worry about losing where they are in Athera.

Sincerely, Merfrid
Do that, with a player town. Would boost the economy if there was some kind of rental town beside Telaria.
(03-03-2018, 06:08 PM)Saltpigeon Wrote: Do that, with a player town. Would boost the economy if there was some kind of rental town beside Telaria.

In my first years of playing Minecraft I came across a server using that system.
(03-03-2018, 05:51 PM)Merfrid Wrote: As all of you know there are several homes spread out across Athera that currently belong to NPC towns. Players have to go out and fend for themselves in the wilderness if they want to build their own place to stay. Athera is a big place and players in my opinion deserve a place to stay meanwhile they get on their feet. I feel as that the developers of Atlas should setup a system where players can rent out homes in NPC towns but if they don't pay after a certain amount of time they are kicked out. It's a great way to help players stay somewhere while they complete quests in their local area while not having to worry about losing where they are in Athera.

Sincerely, Merfrid

this is kinda not a good thing because if you can store stuff in there you can have an invulnerable storage...
All things considered, I'm probably an antagonist in this story. 
I personally like this idea. I don't know if it would be possible to limit the tenant to not be able to build, but still open doors and put stuff in chests and set spawn there. That way you have pre-built houses that they can't alter with say only 1 or 2 dub chests. Also to possibly limit how long they can stay. Not sure if any of this is possible tho haha
(03-04-2018, 02:14 AM)Gawst Wrote: I personally like this idea. I don't know if it would be possible to limit the tenant to not be able to build, but still open doors and put stuff in chests and set spawn there. That way you have pre-built houses that they can't alter with say only 1 or 2 dub chests. Also to possibly limit how long they can stay. Not sure if any of this is possible tho haha

Invulnerable storage of any kind has been considered bad as it allows large nations to store lots of wealth with zero risk
All things considered, I'm probably an antagonist in this story.