Thread Contributor: litchgathSiege Mechanics-Defenders Repsawn
So, I have a quick suggestion about a change to current siege mechanics.  Currently, when the defenders die, they re-spawn at the closest tower under attack.  I do not like this system, as I would like to be able to chose where to re-spawn in my town for a siege.  It would certainly mess up ranged builds, if they go thrown into the midst of a melee right on re-spawn.

I understand a certain weight should be behind tower placement, but at the very least, I would like a choice between several towers, or a tower re-spawn option and a set town re-spawn option.

My two cents on the matter.
also a 30 second minimum respawn cooldown on both sides
(03-02-2018, 08:24 PM)Saltpigeon Wrote: also a 30 second minimum respawn cooldown on both sides

that solves nothing salt, imo this would just draw out seiges
All things considered, I'm probably an antagonist in this story. 
The system should prioritize your manually set town spawn over any guard tower. If you want to designate your spawn in a siege, set your spawn (/town spawn) within the town that is being sieged. If you're set spawn is invalid for some reason, you will spawn at the nearest guard tower. If that guard tower is invalid for some reason, you will spawn at the nearest server spawn.

We do have plans to add further conditions to respawn locations, such as attacker proximity.
(03-03-2018, 12:32 AM)v4x Wrote: The system should prioritize your manually set town spawn over any guard tower. If you want to designate your spawn in a siege, set your spawn (/town spawn) within the town that is being sieged. If you're set spawn is invalid for some reason, you will spawn at the nearest guard tower. If that guard tower is invalid for some reason, you will spawn at the nearest server spawn.

We do have plans to add further conditions to respawn locations, such as attacker proximity.

Huh, ok, thanks v4, I'll be sure to set my spawn at the beginning of a siege next just to be sure.