Thread Contributor: Christian7573"Better Fishing" Not Implemented?
The story:
After dieing trying to walk from the port of Qu'Shen to Telaria to pick up a friend, I decided I would do some quests to hopefully earn enough money to "boat/caravan" there. I came across a fellow Patches in Telaria. He told me that I should go into the "waters of the Odera Forest" and catch 32 Freshwater Pike. I travel to what was around this location:
[Image: 2jMtmy9.png]
After fishing for a little bit, I'm noticing that I'm getting Raw Fish and Raw Salmon like normal Minecraft. I check the Wiki, and it doesn't appear the a fishing system is documented. I continued up the river, fishing here and there, until I got to Kimara Village. There, I met a person named Fishmonger, who said I could sell him some of my fish. I figured that if this was the fish system, I could sell him my salmon since I had 32 normal fish for the quest. When I inserted the fish into the slots, the value remained at $0. I tried swapping it out for the normal fish, nothing changed. Upon trying to sell the fish anyway he said that I hadn't given him any fish at all.

Eventually I sailed back to Telaria, talked to Patches, and he said "Hope the fish are biting in the Odera Forest toady." So... yeah I think something might be broken here.
(12-24-2017, 08:41 AM)Christian7573 Wrote: The story:
After dieing trying to walk from the port of Qu'Shen to Telaria to pick up a friend, I decided I would do some quests to hopefully earn enough money to "boat/caravan" there. I came across a fellow Patches in Telaria. He told me that I should go into the "waters of the Odera Forest" and catch 32 Freshwater Pike. I travel to what was around this location:
[Image: 2jMtmy9.png]
After fishing for a little bit, I'm noticing that I'm getting Raw Fish and Raw Salmon like normal Minecraft. I check the Wiki, and it doesn't appear the a fishing system is documented. I continued up the river, fishing here and there, until I got to Kimara Village. There, I met a person named Fishmonger, who said I could sell him some of my fish. I figured that if this was the fish system, I could sell him my salmon since I had 32 normal fish for the quest. When I inserted the fish into the slots, the value remained at $0. I tried swapping it out for the normal fish, nothing changed. Upon trying to sell the fish anyway he said that I hadn't given him any fish at all.

Eventually I sailed back to Telaria, talked to Patches, and he said "Hope the fish are biting in the Odera Forest toady." So... yeah I think something might be broken here.

Have you finished the fishing quest in Nauru? The fish stuff isn't on the wiki yet (we've been busy fixing bugs!) But for any special "skills" it can be assumed that you need to "learn" it in Nauru.
(12-24-2017, 10:24 AM)Tyrriel Wrote: Have you finished the fishing quest in Nauru?

Have now, thanks! It was actually kinda fun learning it that way instead of reading a wiki page.
(12-24-2017, 11:11 AM)Christian7573 Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 10:24 AM)Tyrriel Wrote: Have you finished the fishing quest in Nauru?

Have now, thanks! It was actually kinda fun learning it that way instead of reading a wiki page.

You also need to be using the "Angler's Rod" A normal rod will not get you any special fish.