Forums
A few suggestions - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.mc-atlas.com)
+-- Forum: Atlas Forum (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: A few suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=608)

A few suggestions - Riym9 - 12-03-2018

So I had a few suggestions

1. Multiplayer Dungeon
This idea I kind of inspired by Guild Wars Fractals of the mist. It is essentially a dungeon but more for the endgame (you need good armor to survive).
You go in groups of minimum 7 people and face very difficult enemies. I believe this would discourage toxicity and animosity between nations because
you have to work with others to survive. The rewards are epic and it will be evenly divided between all players.

2. Dynamic events
This is to make players who are travelling long distances interact more with their surroundings. Once there a certain amount of players
in a say 100 block radius it will trigger the event. You could also trigger the event by talking to certain npc's. There could also be a chain of events
(eg. defend the village from the Arkayo cultists then collect materials to help rebuild the village then defend the village as npc's repair it.) There could
also be a indicator which the difficulty level of quests.

So yeah that's it!
comments appreciated!
o/

RE: A few suggestions - Wizardteepot - 12-03-2018

(12-03-2018, 10:51 AM)Riym9 Wrote: So I had a few suggestions

1. Multiplayer Dungeon
This idea I kind of inspired by Guild Wars Fractals of the mist. It is essentially a dungeon but more for the endgame (you need good armor to survive).
You go in groups of minimum 7 people and face very difficult enemies. I believe this would discourage toxicity and animosity between nations because
you have to work with others to survive. The rewards are epic and it will be evenly divided between all players.

2. Dynamic events
This is to make players who are travelling long distances interact more with their surroundings. Once there a certain amount of players
in a say 100 block radius it will trigger the event. You could also trigger the event by talking to certain npc's. There could also be a chain of events
(eg. defend the village from the Arkayo cultists then collect materials to help rebuild the village then defend the village as npc's repair it.) There could
also be a indicator which the difficulty level of quests.

So yeah that's it!
comments appreciated!
o/

Multiplayer Dungeons: We currently have 3 new dungeons in the works, along with the Trials, which will all hopefully be available for launch. As of right now, that I can confirm, the dungeon parties can be up to 4 people. I just don't remember, however, if Tyr told me that the dungeon groups can go above that or not. Regardless, the endgame dungeon that you're speaking of will probably come in the form of The Trials, with some pretty cool gear, and tough, endless enemies.

Dynamic Events: As much as we love the idea too, it's a bit wonky to code at the moment. Certainly something we're still looking into for the future, but most likely not something we intend to launch with, unfortunately.