Forums
Blacksmithing Crafting Skill - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.mc-atlas.com)
+-- Forum: Atlas Forum (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Blacksmithing Crafting Skill (/showthread.php?tid=449)

Blacksmithing Crafting Skill - Kypen - 07-08-2018

Here's an idea, basically my take on enchanting.
Blacksmithing is kind of like a supplementary skill to Smeltery, but like not really.

The gist of it:
A player who is thoroughly trained in the art of smithing can enhance gear, making variations or possibly latch an enchantment onto it.
The player who crafts weapons, tools, and armor from blacksmithing can create a variation in the base stats of the gear, for example how it currently stands is that the items give certain buffs like magic resistance and certain debuffs like slowness. Blacksmithing can create variations which can make it worse or better. The player also has a chance to create a "masterpiece," granting the gear random enchantments better than what vanilla allows for (Unbreaking IV possibly).

How it could work:
An anvil next to a filled cauldron and crafting station creates a "Smithing station." Right-clicking the smithing station opens up a crafting table UI (or alternatively, players can use a pre-existing piece of gear, and the player opens up a custom UI that lets them place the gear in for "smithing"). Using the smithing station and a hammer, players can use their exp to create the gear. Using higher amounts of exp can either result in a chance for a better piece of gear.

Blacksmithing could also let you repair custom gear more easily by using basic materials and whatnot.

Probably not very viable, but the minute differences can create some drastic PvP fights. The demand for better gear will rise as well, introducing another major craft.

RE: Blacksmithing Crafting Skill - v4x - 07-08-2018

Nice idea.

I like making enchanting more of a skill than just pop an item onto a table after 1 levi kill... I think this should definitely be expanded on. Possibly just to take over the vanilla anvil, presuming you can repair items as well.

RE: Blacksmithing Crafting Skill - Kypen - 07-08-2018

(07-08-2018, 01:21 PM)v4x Wrote: Nice idea.

I like making enchanting more of a skill than just pop an item onto a table after 1 levi kill... I think this should definitely be expanded on. Possibly just to take over the vanilla anvil, presuming you can repair items as well.

Yeah I forgot to add that - I wanted to be able to repair items and armor more easily without the need of "Too expensive!" from vanilla Minecraft anvils.
Thanks for pointing that out!

RE: Blacksmithing Crafting Skill - masafu2000 - 07-09-2018

I like the Idea a lot, and it sounds very similar to what the Jobs plugin can already do, (enchanters can custom enchant items using exp and the blacksmith job lets you use iron blocks as anvils to repair tools and armor) so maybe it would be possible to do by simply adapting the jobs plugin code and giving everyone the perms for it (or unlock it with a quest - expansion for Darnov or maybe we get to meet a Dwarven Master-Craftsman in the Valderkal Embassy), if it’s compatible with the server infrastructure