Forums
In Regards to Toxicity - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forums.mc-atlas.com)
+-- Forum: Atlas Forum (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.mc-atlas.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: In Regards to Toxicity (/showthread.php?tid=278)

In Regards to Toxicity - LessThanAccurate - 03-26-2018

Hi, I'm a new player to this server. I joined due to a recommendation by another player who apparently is quite disliked. I had a pleasant time exploring the world and immersing myself in the quirky dialog with all sorts of characters. It's clear that a lot of time and dedication went into making this server an experience that really meant something as opposed to the common servers one might find today. This feeling of wonder and enjoyment has been missing for a long time for me, so imagine my disappointment when it turns out that under the surface of such a well done server is a community like what I have experienced. At first, it seemed interesting, with intelligent people who I could converse with despite their opposing sides in political conflicts. It all was ripped away when a group of more advanced and extremely rude players attacked me just as I was leaving the main city. The only loot I had on me was what I had gained from the starter quests which I had thoroughly enjoyed. Now I am left with nothing to show for the time I spent on here, and what exactly had I done wrong? It feels like all of the work put towards making this server such a wonderful experiences was for naught as players like these simply ruin it as soon as humanly possible. Such a disheartening ending to an otherwise amazing server.

RE: In Regards to Toxicity - _Desertdweller_ - 03-26-2018

My recommendation is to report any toxicity to an admin. The admins would be Ajax, Tyriel, WizardTeePot, and Iyo. Atlas devs' goals has always been to make a fun server, that has little to no toxicity. However you have to realize that this is a pvp server, and there will always be some somewhere.

RE: In Regards to Toxicity - Ajaxan - 03-26-2018

I've read through a lot of the conversation and you seem like a genuinely nice guy and I'd love to see you play more. As such I'll give you my honest answer knowing the player's who killed you and also the nature of faction/towny/nation style servers.

Although I highly discourage players to attack new players, and spawn camping is against the rules we do not outright prevent new player's from being targeted and kill by more experienced players. Why? Because Minecraft is full of trolls and children who aren't capable of navigating a world where choices have consequence. This can best be seen when a new player makes an enemy of the scariest players. They have no reason to attack you unless you give them a reason.

Now, in your case, you didn't directly piss off anyone. You did, however, openly admit your alliance to a player who did so. For a player who claims to be interested in politics (going off what you said in chat) you should clearly see why allying yourself with a targeted player is a bad idea and bad politics. The toxicity you saw and claim to be unprovoked is because of your direct association with a troll (documented evidence of said trolling exists). I highly recommend breaking ties with said troll and you'll see your problems disappear. If you do not wish to take my advice, then you must realize that their are consequences. 

Now, although I do not and will not tolerate bullying and targeting in real life around the server, in game, its all fair play. So, consider your options and realize that this is a server where everything you do matters. You said you liked the complexity and depth of the server. Well, its in everything, even the players you choose to align yourself with.

If you would like to return or perhaps talk more on the subject message me on discord. Or instead, if you've made up your mind and won't stay another minute, I wish you the best in finding a server that suits your play style.